07 Nov Classic Chocolate Cake Recipe
There’s nothing better than enjoying your mom’s delicious baking! This Mom’s RED Classic Chocolate Cake is a dessert you do not want to miss out on. Although most of the women in our lives who cook don’t bother with measurements, you’ll definitely want to follow along with the measurements and directions to make sure the cake comes out perfect!
The secret to this delicious RED Chocolate Cake is unsweetened chocolate because it gives it a rich, deep flavor! RED’s milk, dark, or extra dark chocolate would be the best unsweetened chocolate to use in this recipe. The classic chocolate cake is just as good without the icing, as it is with the icing! Decide how you’d like to serve the cake, but use the following recipe:
This recipe was obtained from a Food & Wine recipe blog by Marcia Kiesel :
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 oz. unsweetened chopped chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8” x 11” round cake pans. Line the bottoms of each pan with wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Boil over high heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the chocolate and butter. Stir occasionally until melted and slightly cool, then stir in the vanilla.
- Beat the eggs into the chocolate mixture until combined. Add the dry ingredients all at once and beat until smooth. Divide the batter into the two pans and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean. Cool the cakes in their pans for about 30 minutes, then put them onto a rack to cool completely.
- Stack the two cakes on top of each other with icing in the middle, or serve without icing. If you serve with icing, use the remaining icing to frost the top and sides of the cake. If you’re looking for an easy chocolate icing recipe, visit this blog: https://www.justataste.com/5-minute-chocolate-buttercream-frosting-recipe/.