08 Dec RED Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Written by, Christine Chanel
This RED Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin pie will make a delicious addition to any Thanksgiving spread, right next to our sweet potato fat bombs—it has every quintessential autumn ingredient, it’s pleasant to look at, low in sugar with a nutritious perk, thanks to the pumpkin and tofu base. It’s also unintentionally egg-and-dairy-free which means your vegan guests will be more than pleased!
It’s official. We’ve made it to the most tempting time of the year—full of sweets, treats, and everything in between. We made it through the spookiest day of the year and now we must deflect our eyes from the Halloween candy that’s 90% on sale lurking around every corner of the grocery store. Next on the list of temptations—Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving doesn’t have to wreck your diet—of course, Turkey day does offer some nutritious value..potatoes, broccoli, all veggies alike. But, what about dessert? Well, you’ve come to the right place because now you can have your pie and eat it too.
RED chocolate is crafted with all-natural sweeteners derived from melons, all while delivering buttery, creamy flavor without the added refined sugar. 40% less fat and 35% fewer calories than other leading chocolates. RED is low carb, reduced calorie, reduced fat, gluten-free, and Kosher certified. It’s vegetarian, while our dark chocolate assortments are keto-friendly. RED is also Weight Watchers, Whole30, and Atkins friendly. RED can add an extra bit of something special to any crave-curbing snack you desire without the unwanted sugar.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup OR sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener
- 12.3 ounces silken-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 6oz RED milk chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped, plus more whole pecans set aside for garnish
- 1 premade pie crust of choice (follow directions on box)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt RED chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat until thoroughly melted.
- Place vanilla, seasonings, salt, cornstarch, maple syrup, sugar, pumpkin, tofu, molasses, melted RED in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add pecans and pulse once.
- Pour filling into the pie crust, and top with whole pecans laid however you desire.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then place in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Serve with dairy-free whipped cream or ice cream.