05 Jun RED Chocolate Protein Bark
Written by, Dara Wilson
Warmer days are here. Everyone is more eager than ever to get outside and be active. Biking, hiking, gardening, and so much more. What’s better than being active? Being active with delicious good-for-you snacks like chocolate protein bark.
Why yes, every activity should involve food, especially chocolate.
Didn’t you get the memo? Eat-more-chocolate.
What’s even better is eating delicious chocolate with no added sugar. The last thing you want and need is a sugar crash. Here is the most delectable, nutritious, protein bark for every activity at any time of year, using RED chocolate, made with no added sugar. Plus, chickpeas have protein, fiber, and a plethora of vitamins and minerals.
How to Make Bark Chocolate
Level: Easy Time: 2-12 hours (15 minutes active) Servings: 8-10
§ 2 cups (3 bars) melted RED dark chocolate
§ 2 cups canned chickpeas (drained)
§ 1 tbsp coconut oil (or you can use butter)
§ 1 tsp sea salt
§ Optional additions like seeds or chopped nuts
*Note: Save the chickpea water (aquafaba). Click here for an amazing, vegan chocolate aquafaba mousse recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease with coconut oil.
3. Spread out chickpeas on baking sheet.
4. Roast in oven for 35 minutes, or until crunchy. Let slightly cool on tray.
5. Melt chocolate in the microwave, stovetop, or double broiler.
6. In a large bowl, combine roasted chickpeas, sea salt and melted chocolate. You can add some
additions as well, like a small amount of chia or pumpkin seeds.
7. Pour back onto parchment paper lined baking tray and place in freezer to set for 30-40 minutes or in the refrigerator for ½ day (Keep refrigerated unless you are 100% sure all moisture was baked out of chickpeas. In this case you can store room temperature in airtight container.)
8. Break apart and share as individual protein bars! Your friends will love you for sharing this.
No peanut butter, sugary maple syrup, or chocolate protein powders here. Just delicious melted chocolate and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). With RED chocolate, you are eating up to 50% less calories and 40% less fat than leading chocolate. And yes, it tastes like chocolate because it is real chocolate.
Keto-friendly, gluten-free, kosher, non-GMO, and only made with natural sugars, RED is the go-to for all your chocolate recipes. Protein bark is only the beginning. View and learn about other chocolate related news here.